I was super excited to try out my new oats this morning
They were awesome! I think I'll let my oats go a little more soup next time. Boy were they thick this morning!? I loved how I was able to use the dates as my only "sweetener". Dates are always sweeter to eat than I remember. They may even be sweeter than chocolate! Yum!
Extra Thick Pumpkin Date Oats
- 1/3 cup Bob's Red Mill Extra Thick Oats
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp flaxseed
- 3 dates, pitted, chopped (reserve a couple pieces to top)
- pecans, about 1 tbsp
- bring milk, water, flaxseed, salt to boil
- add canned pumpkin, oats and bring to boil
- lower heat to simmer
- cook 5-7 minutes
- in last minute of cooking, add dates
- when oats are to preferred consistency, move to bowl.
- top bowl with reserved dates and pecans
I cut out the back label and placed it in the tupperware in case I need to refer to the ingredients, nutrition or cooking directions. There's even a recipe back there!